D2030 iron is Auto-off Digital Advantage Iron, provides with best features within its price range. It has a high-quality soleplate made of stainless steel, which remains hot for a long time. This helps in easy removal of wrinkles from various types of cloths. It also has a digital display built-in which shows temperature, steam level, and fabric settings. This display also shows the time when the iron is heated, hence, making this a handy and easy to use iron.
The D2030 has comparatively longer and better working hours. In a survey, it was better than irons that were priced tripled compared to its price. The water storage capacity of D2030 is also good with a transparent water reservoir.
- Available in colour combination of grey and white .
- Have Auto-Cleaning feature.
- Dimensions – 11.5 x 4.9 x 6.3 Inches
- Sole Plate Material – Stainless Steel
- Steam Control – Available
- Temperature Controls – Available
- Ready indicator Light – Available
- Voltage – 120V
- Warranty – 2 Years
- Wattage – 1500 Watt
Features To Look For:
- Can be used for various types of cloth materials.
- Digital LCD Indicator for ease.
- Can be adjusted to varying temperature and steam levels.
- Have a comfortable grip for handling.
- Have large water reservoir (Transparent water level indicator).
- Very Lightweight.
This iron have a precise dial for controlling the temperature and also the steam flow. It also have an option for Vertical steaming ,so that steaming the cloths on hanger is made very easy. The burst of steam released from the iron is very powerful which will help in giving a better finish to the cloths without much need of the ironing boards.
The upper part of handle has a LCD display just below which are two buttons – one for a high burst of steam that would impact the cloths at a greater force and other one for a soothing and smooth burst of steam that will help in making the cloths wrinkle free in no time .
LCD display on iron shows –
- The type of clothing presently selected for the iron to perform e.g., Polyester, cotton, etc.
- A number that shows the amount of water currently present in the water reservoir. ( The numbers are marked on the reservoir to show the water level )
- A “Ready”, indicator that shows the iron is ready for work.
Iron features an Anti-Drip technology that prevents the escape of water at low temperatures, from the soleplate. Usually, in various other irons it is a problem that water leaks sometimes from the sole plate . This leakage of water sometimes leaves a patch on the cloths , also this water (left on the cloth) when again comes in contact with the iron , may damage the fabric .
It has a motion sensitive auto-off technology , that turns off the iron if not in use for 10 minutes . The wire connecting the iron, can be rotated in a 360 degree angle. That means it is easy to operate at any angle and instance.
The soleplate is stainless steel that means it is of a standard quality and also it is very smooth to move around any type of fabric. Although, the iron has a smooth finish to the soleplate, yet the light weight of iron helps in easy movement and longer hours of working wouldn’t affect the user much. Heavy weighted and rough plate irons lead to stress in the arms of user after a period of continuous use.
The company gives a warranty of 2 years on the product, which may vary from country to country. The only point of doubt for the product is the customer support, which is not so helpful.
Product is superb in quality and best in the given price range . Very few irons provide with such excellent features coupled with as much less price tag as of D2030 iron.
The Black & Decker D2030 iron is available for a price tag of $64.99 on the official site of the company.